Sunday, March 25, 2007

Week Twentyfive - Lazy

Thats what I have been - lazy... not getting up from bed even when I am wide awake, not bothering to eat breakfast at breakfast time, skipping lunch and having early dinners... shooting pool, watching cricket, reading books, and wandering all over the place...

By the way, I am not alone in this lazy business, the Indian cricket team has been very lazy too... They proved once again to be a team full of Gods with feet, legs and even heads of clay... I think it is something about us Indians as a people... One moment we are idolising our heroes, calling cricket our religion and Sachin Tendulkar God Himself, the next, we are stoning their houses... But hey! That is what it is, and that is how it is for cricket players... win and you will be the best thing in recorded history, lose and you will be trampled on.

Diehard Indian cricket fan that I am, I am hoping that Bermuda defeat Bangladesh and India advances to the super eight. The irony and shame of that is not lost upon me either, but if that is what it takes, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment