Saturday, December 30, 2006

Week Thirteen - Contemplation

When I came to Cranfield, I thought being in a class with a group of smart, young, ambitious men and women will teach me about competition on a global scale. What I have learnt is about co-operation and team work - on a global scale.

For the first time in my life, I have worked closely with one Indian, one Britisher, one British - Nigerian, one Italian and one NewZealander - all as part of a team, dedicated to making the most of the effort, wanting to excel like none else, sometimes winging it, mostly working very hard. We are so different as individuals, yet so similar as leaders. Yes, we all have our strong and not so strong positives, we all have our own areas which we can work on, but the one thing that runs across all of us - pride in ourselves, pride in what we do, pride in what we deliver. We live up to our own pride. And we have our own ambitions. To end this pride filled paragraph with a cheesy line, we are - truly - a pride of lions.

As part of the Green Stream - the inhabitants of the penthouse - I have had the pleasure of sharing the same space with a few PhDs, career military people, high ranking former and current bureaucrats, lawyers, accountants, entrepreneurs, consultants, bankers, and managers. The diverse attitudes, responses and priorities made for a great learning experience.

Now we have been mixed up and formed into new streams. You already know that I am still part of the Green Stream - still living in the penthouse. The composition has changed ofcourse, so have the teams. I am sure, very sure, that the new Green Stream people will add more to each other's learnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment