Sunday, May 27, 2007

Week Thirtyfour - WAC, business pitch and test cricket

The week started with a WAC, this time for MSI. Then we had the ENT business pitch presentation - presenting our business plan to a panel of real life investors. That went well, we (Amit Kapoor, Amit Shukla, Jina Goswami, Sunil Ankalgi and yours truly as the Lead Entreprenuer) had prepared and rehearsed it. We did not win the prize, but informed sources say we were a close second.

Yesterday we played Milton Keynes, and it was as close to a test match as I have played. Batting second, our top order did not survive some good bowling. I went in with a mandate of not getting out. Fantastic rear guard action, even if I say so myself. I batted out 14 overs, sometimes with 9 close-in fielders, scored a measly 6 runs before the umpire gave me LBW on an inside edge. I know, all umpires are mad, but hey, the effort served the purpose, the match was a draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment