Sunday, March 4, 2007

Week Twentytwo - Holi hai!

Holi - the festival of colours, joy, abandon... I remember the Holis I went crazy, and the ones I didn’t do anything on. Time sent running, bicycling or riding from one friend's place to another, splashing colours and water, throwing water balloons, just letting go, finally stopping some time in the evening for a cup of "cutting" chai with samosas and fried salted mirchi. Other times, when I spent time not playing Holi but being in the company of someone special, under the pretext of studies... This is my quietest Holi ever, I am studying, honest. And wanting to run back to India, get drenched in the pure joy of Holi. I guess despite a sizeable Desi population, the pressures of the course take its toll. FYI, we have to submit a 2000 word assignment on Business Law - tomorrow.

This past week has been wonderful. We did the People Management group report, where all of our learning team members commented on the HR practices of their previous employers. It was a good exercise, and a great revision for the exams, scheduled next week. Commenting on the HR practices of Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd was a bit weird. I see why the policies are what they are, and how they are beneficial to the company and its employees, but put them in the context of the course and they look ancient. A lot, I think, has to do with the nature of this course - we get to learn how things should be, what the theory is, and then see how this is adapted to real life.

The lectures are now reaching their final stages, and we will have revision sessions this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rahulji,
    Wish you could have played holi there. You could have done - Rang De Basanti there!- with the colours of course:)
    Best luck for your exams

    ReplyDelete